Thank you for your interest in The Central Okanagan Elizabeth Fry Society. Employment opportunities and opportunities to become a Board Member will appear here. If you are interested in becoming a volunteer click here. Working at The Central Okanagan Elizabeth Fry Society is a rewarding experience as you will become a vital component of a support staff network that assists in benefitting the women, men and children of the Central Okanagan. Additionally, becoming a Board Member is an important element of our organization. Becoming a Board Member means you will assist in making key decisions for the betterment of our organization, so we can continue assisting our community members to the best of our ability. Thank you for your time and your consideration.
Victim Service Caseworker: Community Based Victim Assistance Program
Reporting to the COEFS Program Manager, the Victim Service Caseworker will provide crisis intervention and support services to women and children who have experienced sexual or domestic violence. The caseworker will provide individual support, advocacy, court orientation and accompaniment, assistance with necessary forms and referrals/information regarding other services in the community.
- Bachelor of Social Work, relevant BA, or equivalent in experience and education
- Understanding of the Criminal Justice System and Victim Services Programs
- Able to use Microsoft – Outlook, Word, Access and Windows 2010 Pro
- Victim Service Practitioner Certificate an asset
- 2 years previous direct program delivery experience with a demonstrated working knowledge of community-based programs and related provincial and community support systems, applicable legislation, and policies.
- Feminist analysis of violence against women and children
- Commitment to anti-oppression practice
- Understanding of dynamics of violence in relationship and sexual violence and trauma
- Experience with crisis intervention
- Excellent oral, written, facilitation and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work in dependently and as part of a team
- Able to deal with individuals from a variety of backgrounds
- Possess a valid BC Driver’s License and have access to a vehicle
- Able to pass vulnerable person criminal record check is required.
- Able to pass an RCMP Security Clearance.
Person of Aboriginal or Metis descent with knowledge of local culture and tradition will be given preference.
Apply with resume and letter by 8:30 a.m. on Monday, August 3, 2020 to:
Maria Loewen, Victim Service Team Lead Central Okanagan Elizabeth Fry Society mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Join our Board of Directors by Applying Below: